Rainbow did it!
After a sleepless Monday night, I
slept quite peacefully on Election night. The reason was the rainbow!
As soon as I saw it at the Gateway Industries packed parking lot on
Election day, about 4:30, I knew we’ll be OK. Not only did it presage
victory, but it also signified all the people of all ages, and colors,
and races, and religions, and sexual orientations, and what not, who
participated in the long haul these 2 years. We carried petitions,
knocked on doors, made phone calls, held meetings, attended resistance
training sessions, and HOPED. I also knew we are on a good track when
on Monday a life-long Republican friend told me that she will vote
Democratic!
Reading the results of our voting on Wednesday
morning, I wept tears of joy! Even the weather rejoiced! Do you
remember how numbed and desperate we felt that grim and rainy Wednesday 2
years ago?
However, we have to remain being diligent, and
organized, and work as hard, if not harder, as the evil continues to
ooze out of that ignorant, arrogant, self-centered, vindictive troll.
Misha Harnick
Publication history:
New Platz News 11/22/18
No comments:
Post a Comment