My
husband and I were in Prague in April 2022. The invasion of Ukraine had
just occurred. In the Lobkowicz Palace, there was a display of
photographs taken at the time of the invasion. Each picture showed a
selfie from before the invasion and a selfie the day of the invasion.
The day of the invasion the faces were swollen and red from crying.
One
of the artists, Tanya, wrote, “a week ago, I had an ordinary life, with
the usual chores, like everyone else. I was happy that spring would
come. Unexpectedly, me and millions of other people’s lives changed.
Yesterday I was sitting in a café with friends and today my country is
being bombed, the sirens, the bomb shelters, the panic, not
understanding what to do next … only tears for my relatives, friends,
and the whole country.”
Mr.
Trump’s assertion that Mr. Zelensky started the war is a horrible lie. I
am deeply concerned that the rights of the Ukrainian people to protect
their sovereign country are being trampled on. But then the rights of
Americans are of little consequence to Mr. Trump. When we speak out in
protest against all of these cruel and unlawful actions by Mr. Trump we
are speaking out and protesting for all who have been hurt, demeaned,
and abandoned by him and therefore by the United States.
Publishing history:
Daily Freeman
U-Act "Voices" collects letters submitted to the media by U-Act members, and the publishing history, when available, of those communications.
Thursday, February 27, 2025
"Trump's horrible lies about the Ukraine" Letter to the editor Kathryn Adorney
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment