I
am the kind of person who says “Hi” to everyone, and one of the
wonderful things I noticed as the weather got warmer and more people
were out, was that so many more people said “Hi” back, smiled at me and
were genuinely connecting on a more human level than I usually see
around here. I felt like the people in our area had really learned how
important human contact and kindness really are, that a shining light
was coming out of darkness of the pandemic.
But a few days ago, I was riding on the rail trail and I noticed such a difference. Some people smiled, responded to my greetings, and made that connection but so many not only didn’t smile-they didn’t even respond, eyes straight ahead.
But a few days ago, I was riding on the rail trail and I noticed such a difference. Some people smiled, responded to my greetings, and made that connection but so many not only didn’t smile-they didn’t even respond, eyes straight ahead.
I have been hoping and praying that some good would come out of these many months of privation, isolation and such sadness for many. A real appreciation of life, of what is really important-of course time with our family and friends, being able to actually get out and do things, but also kindness because most of us had a chance to give and receive it during these many months. Let’s not forget. Let’s not have this trial we were given be for naught. Remember and honor what’s really important in these lives we’ve been given, please.
publishing history:
Daily Freeman: 6/7/21
No comments:
Post a Comment